Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Introduction

Hello all!

I’m Jasmine, currently in class 10/07 of Anderson Junior College (AJC). An ex-AMKsian (pronounce as AM-K-cians), I was a true green ranger for 4 years. The all green Ang Mo Kio Secondary School (AMKSS) green uniform should ring a bell to some.

I joined the AMKSS Choir back in secondary one and from there; I embarked on my musical journey. Not only have I learnt the techniques to choral singing through choir, I’ve also pick up pop singing skills, well, accidentally. It all began in secondary two when I was approached by my choir senior. ‘Are you interested in doing caroling during Christmas season?’ she asked me. Being a happy-go-lucky teenager at that point of time, I agreed with much enthusiasm. This caroling was a youth training program, initiated by my choir conductor who is currently the President of The A Cappella Society. Basically, under this program, youths from various secondary schools and institutions come together to learn the tricks and treats to a cappella singing as well as have a taste of performing on stage. (For extra information, a cappella singing is singing without the use of musical instruments or CD backing tracks.) So, I began caroling around shopping malls from then on and now, I still am. Without a doubt, I’m in AJChoir now and I’m pretty sure you know why.

As a first year student of AJC, I’m glad that I’m adapting well despite the continuous piling of homework. After all, that’s part and parcel of a student’s life. I’ve stepped out to make new friends too, something I’ve never done before. Yes, I admit I was (somewhat) an introvert in the past. Now, I’m glad to shake off from the past of course.

I guess that will be all for my self introduction. Do drop me a comment as you leave! Stay tuned for more entries!


With much love,
Jasmine =)

No comments: